AbCellera is breaking the barriers of conventional drug development to propel antibody-based medicines from target to clinic. We are a team of scientists, engineers, creatives, and business professionals who believe that advancing science enhances lives. We have developed technologies to unlock high-value drug targets, including antibody-drug conjugates and T-cell engagers for cancer, and complex transmembrane proteins for indications such as metabolic and endocrine conditions, pain, and autoimmunity.
We are seeking a highly motivated Principal Scientist with a strong background in antibody drug conjugate (ADC) development and optimization to join our multidisciplinary team. This position is a great opportunity to provide leadership in ADC therapeutic discovery programs as well as in building out bioconjugation and ADC assessment platforms to support the progression of novel ADC therapeutics. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and self-directed individual, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us. This role offers the exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s top biotech companies, while growing with a team that believes in collaboration, innovation, and mutual support.
How you might spend your days
- Providing leadership in the design, optimization, and development of cutting-edge Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) therapeutic candidates
- Providing strategic direction to ADC Discovery programs
- Designing, implementing, evaluating and optimizing conjugation methods and platforms
- Leading and inspiring a team of scientists to execute high-impact ADC research
- Collaborating with teams across the company to understand ADC challenges and propose solutions
- Driving innovation by exploring and implementing emerging technologies in the field of conjugate science and ADC therapeutic discovery
- Preparing and authoring materials to educate colleagues, and communicate strategies, key findings and implications
- Organizing, supporting and collaborating with other team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
We'd love to hear from you if
- You are enthusiastic about applying your expertise in antibody-drug conjugates to develop novel therapeutics for patients
- You have experience providing leadership to antibody-drug conjugate projects in an industry setting
- You are excited about the opportunity to develop and optimize cutting edge antibody conjugation capabilities and platforms
- You are strongly self-motivated and work independently to identify project needs and follow that up with building and implementing solutions
Required qualifications and experience
- A PhD in Biochemistry, Biological Chemistry, Chemistry or a related field, plus 10+ years of industry experience; candidates with a MSc and 15+ years of related industry experience will also be considered
- Hands on experience with a comprehensive understanding of laboratory techniques used to generate and evaluate antibody drug conjugates
- A comprehensive knowledge of modern antibody linker technologies
- Working knowledge of antibody structure and function
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public presentation of complex data
What we offer
AbCellera’s hiring range for this role is $141,100-177,000 CAD annually, commensurate with your education and job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. We base our salary ranges on localized market data ensuring competitive compensation. In addition to base salary, we offer equity, annual bonus dependent on team and company performance, and a 6% (non-match) RRSP contribution.
We have a number of ways to support AbCellerites in maximizing their work-life synergy. You will have a $1,500 annual Active Lifestyle Allowance, annual vacation, the opportunity for flexible work arrangements, professional development opportunities, and comprehensive health benefits. Scientific and technical mentorship is a priority. And you’ll find abundant teams and social groups to build community and connections across AbCellera.
AbCellera is a global company that discovers and develops antibody-based medicines that help people live longer, happier, and more productive lives. We are focused on bringing innovative medicines to patients, both by advancing our internal pipeline of programs and partnering with companies that have novel science or innovative technology.
And it all starts with our team. We’ve built a place where people feel they are part of something bigger than themselves. A place that exists to push the limits of science and technology, and aims to bring better therapies to patients.
We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23189 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.