AbCellera is an energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. Working at the interface of biology, chemistry, computation, and engineering, AbCellera is rebuilding the front-end process of drug discovery with a platform that integrates modern technologies from biotechnology, engineering, microfluidics, single-cell analysis, high-throughput genomics, machine learning, and hyper-scale data science.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Research who is looking for opportunities in a fast-paced protein science organization that is focused on identifying lead therapeutic antibody molecules for clinical development. We are seeking an individual with demonstrated hands-on laboratory experience relevant to the handling and characterization of antibodies and/or other proteins using analytical techniques, to join our multidisciplinary team. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and self-directed individual, a team-player who thrives in a dynamic work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative biotech companies and to contribute to our cutting-edge research supporting the discovery and engineering of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Conduct characterization of antibodies and other proteins using analytical techniques, with a focus on mass spectrometry (MS), liquid chromatography (UHPLC), and capillary electrophoresis (CE)
- Perform routine antibody analyses to support the progression of therapeutic programs; including sample preparation using lab automation tools
- Contribute to assay development, troubleshooting and instrument maintenance
- Collaborate with teammates to solve problems, analyze, interpret data and communicate results to a multidisciplinary team
- Work together with laboratory management; including keeping inventory of consumables and reagents
- Grow your technical skill set and engage in professional development
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are excited about proteins, the characterization of proteins, and are eager to learn new lab techniques!
- You are a creative problem solver and fast learner who believes in team work to tackle the most challenging scientific problems
- You are self-motivated and have the initiative and drive to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You have excellent documentation, organizational and communication skills
- You have impeccable attention to detail
Required qualifications and experience:
- MSc or BSc with an additional 2+ years of experience in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Health Science, or relevant science degree
- Hands-on experience with mass spectrometry techniques such as intact mass analysis or peptide mapping using high resolution MS systems
- Hands-on experience using analytical or biophysical techniques. Experience with one or more of analytical chromatography (HPLC / UPLC), Spectroscopy, or capillary electrophoresis (CE-SDS) for protein characterization is preferred
- Experience working with larger numbers of protein samples, high throughput assays and a desire to work with automated liquid handling systems is preferred
- Experience with laboratory information management systems (LIMS) will be a strong asset but not required
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong time management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong data analysis skills and the ability to interpret, communicate, and document large data sets
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23164 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.