AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that can be developed into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are not afraid of challenges and together we like to tackle tough problems. Team is everything at AbCellera, and we’re looking for a Workplace Experience Coordinator who embodies our values. Being the first face of AbCellera as you enter our buildings we’re looking for someone with a positive attitude, who takes pride in helping others and going above and beyond; someone who is supremely organized and who thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
How you might spend your days:
- Welcoming and checking in all guests and employees into our buildings being AbCellera’s ambassador of first impressions
- Monitoring and maintaining a high-quality functional working environment by supporting day to day operations of our workspaces
- Coordinating access cards and upholding security protocols working closely with Facilities Operations
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner, providing information which aligns with company communication standards and passing messages along to relevant individuals when necessary
- Checking of all meeting rooms, phone booths, and hot desks daily to ensure they are in good working condition and have all necessary equipment
- Coordinating with the facilities teams to ensure office space and related equipment is in working order and communicating when relevant supplies should be restocked and/or require maintenance
- Coordinating with snack, beverage, catering and food delivery services and ensuring general office supplies are well stocked and maintained
- Assisting in creating office operations documents and signage to communicate relevant company information
- Planning and coordination of events and socials for the team & company Providing support and information to team members as needed
- Identifying opportunities to make our office a better place, and implementing new initiatives to make our space clean, safe, comfortable, efficient, and generally awesome
We’d love to hear from you if you have/are:
- Prior experience within a similar role or relevant guest services experience
- A post-secondary education a benefit
- Friendly, approachable, and personable with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Thrive in a team-based environment as well as able to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- The physical strength to lift and move boxes weighing up to 50 pounds
- Experience with Google Suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint a bonus
- No previous biology experience required, but a desire to learn more about the field is!
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we create innovative solutions for our partners - combining custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients.
This is life-changing research, and you could be a part of it. We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23136 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.