AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced tax professional to join our Finance team. Working closely with your colleagues on the Finance team, you will be responsible for all tax related tasks and projects, as well as helping our company navigate the tax impacts of our business development considerations. You will also be involved with relevant aspects of our monthly and quarterly financial close process. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Managing the tax function with full cycle Canadian, US and International Corporate Income Tax compliance ranging from data gathering, analysis, and preparation, with an emphasis on Canadian tax compliance
- Preparing quarterly and year-end tax provisions and disclosures for audited financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and coordinating reviews with external auditors
- Coordinating the Canadian SR&ED analysis and filings (and equivalent programs globally)
- Collaborating with Senior Leadership on long term strategic tax planning; actively identifying, evaluating and resolving tax risks and exposures
- Managing timelines and performance, setting goals and objectives, and providing ongoing mentorship and training for the tax team
- Partnering and building effective relationships with internal stakeholders, communicating and documenting the status of tax projects and issues
- Implementing and monitoring effectiveness of transfer pricing arrangements
- Optimizing complex financial models for tax planning purposes
- Participating in ad hoc project teams including tax due diligence and integration
- Overseeing Canadian technical research and providing recommendations on complex or significant tax issues
- Proactively monitoring changes in Canadian and cross border tax legislation
- Managing external service provider engagement to assist with various tax planning and compliance matters
- Managing and resourcing tax audits and inquiries from governmental authorities
- Driving continuous improvement of and compliance with tax related internal controls, policies, processes and procedures
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have an accounting designation and a minimum 8 years of tax planning and compliance experience
- You have a broad range of tax knowledge (with emphasis on Canadian Tax), with several in depth focus areas and are comfortable navigating complex tax issues independently
- You can demonstrate a passion for exploring a variety of tax topics and jurisdictions
- You have an interest in the biotech industry and are curious to learn
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we create innovative solutions for our partners - combining custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients.
This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it. We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23107 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.