AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated Applied Scientist to support our rapidly growing functional and translational biology teams.
The successful candidate will interact with a diverse team, liaising between wet-lab scientists, software engineers and data scientists in a fast-paced and focused environment. The candidate is expected to be able to multitask, problem-solve, think critically and demonstrate scientific rigor.
How you might spend your days:
- Designing automated analysis pipelines for a variety of data types derived from medium and high throughput experiments, including flow cytometry, spectrophotometry, spectrofluorimetry and high-content imaging.
- Implementing and maintaining these analysis pipelines (typically in Python), ensuring data integrity, correctness, clarity and adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Collaborating with scientists to develop standard protocols to execute and capture results from medium and high throughput experiments.
- Developing processes and tools for inventory management of experimental samples and reagents.
- Coordinating with different scientific, business and software teams to develop strategies for data analysis, curation, storage, presentation & interpretation.
- Analyzing and presenting data and analysis methods to colleagues and partners.
- Organizing, supporting and collaborating with other team members to meet project deliverables and timelines.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are passionate about data science and want to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
- You have experience in complex data analysis and integration, and the curiosity and drive to learn about new applications in the life sciences.
- You have experience with high throughput and/or IND-enabling scientific workflows.
- You can effectively communicate scientific ideas across disciplines and levels of experience. You enjoy cutting to the heart of a problem to explain it and explore solutions.
- You have experience using and developing processes and tools that integrate with an ELN system.
- You take pride in being self-motivated, a fast learner, a team player and a creative problem solver.
- You’re driven to learn and master new technical skills.
We don’t expect all of these to match but we’ll be excited to hear about the experiences that resonate with you.
Desired qualifications and experience:
- PhD, MSc or BSc in computer science, statistics, the sciences or a related field with 3+ years of related work experience.
- Strong fluency in a programming language for data analysis and an interest in using Python and the related data science stack (such as numpy, scipy, pandas) day-to-day.
- Experience collecting or analyzing laboratory datasets.
- Demonstrated ability to create flexible data analysis pipelines intended for use by others, such as:
- Building and deploying user-friendly interactive data analysis applications, using tools such as Dash or R-Shiny
- Implementing standardized statistical analysis and visualizations of complex multifactorial data.
- Designing data analysis pipelines integrating multiple data sources.
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we create innovative solutions - combining custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned, revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a rapidly growing publicly traded company, and we have state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23050 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.