AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Research Scientist with demonstrated hands-on laboratory experience relevant to biomarker discovery, to join our multidisciplinary team. Our ideal candidate is a self-directed team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us. This role offers the exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s top biotech companies, while growing with a team that believes in collaboration, innovation, and mutual support.
Biomarkers are widely used at every stage of drug discovery and development. Utilization of biomarkers has the potential to make drug discovery, development and approval processes more efficient. The Associate Research Scientist we’re seeking will help develop and execute complex biomarker assays to generate and interpret biomarker data to increase confidence in various therapeutic targets and to support data-driven decision making. This lab-based role is a great opportunity to contribute to bringing novel treatments to patients in need by discovering biomarkers that can predict response in patients. The scientist will have the opportunity to work closely with scientists across the entire company from discovery to translational sciences.
How you might spend your days:
- Developing and optimizing biomarker assays to increase our confidence in biological mechanisms for various therapeutic targets, according to established biomarker plans
- Generating data from biological samples using platforms including flow cytometry, MSD and others to support biomarker discovery efforts
- Analyzing, interpreting and internally presenting data from various biomarker activities
- Collaborating with teammates to solve problems, analyze, interpret and communicate data
- Growing your technical skill set and engaging in professional development
- Supporting laboratory management including keeping inventory of consumables and reagents
- Overseeing sample management including sample receipt, organization, and archiving
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are excited about the opportunity to learn and apply new lab techniques in a drug development setting
- You enjoy a fast-paced work environment and are a creative problem solver who believes in teamwork to tackle the most challenging problems
- You are comfortable working independently to identify project needs then following that up by collaboratively constructing and implementing solutions
Required qualifications and experience:
- MSc in biological sciences (cell biology, immunology, oncology or other relevant field) with hands-on experience with immune and cell based assays, or a BSc in biological sciences with 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Deep understanding of mammalian cell culture, including human primary cells
- Excellent documentation, communication and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Experience in techniques including flow cytometry, primary cell isolation, ELISA, MSD assays
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23080 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.