AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that can be developed into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking an organized and driven individual to join our team of talented Executive Assistants. Supporting two Executives within our Scientific Teams, you will be the point of contact for internal & external requests, coordinating meetings & agendas, organizing travel itineraries, managing correspondence and being a source of organization & coordination for the Executives and teams as required. This role frequently handles highly confidential and specialized information, including sensitive, strategic, and organizational issues. This role is also a key part of a team of Executive Assistants, contributing to building a strong team of high performing support of shared best practices and knowledge.
How you might spend your days:
- Managing Executive calendars including booking resources, communicating agenda items, documenting, and communicating clear decisions and action items
- Building in-depth knowledge of company operations, policies, and procedures
- Collecting and preparing information for internal and external communication: emails, presentations, reports, etc. including materials for board of director meetings
- Making high-level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company
- Acting as the point of contact among executives, employees, and other external partners
- Arranging travel and accommodation and processing expense reports
- Independently performing research to complete tasks and managing information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Providing department team support, as needed
- Working alongside your colleagues of Executive Assistants on team-related projects and initiatives
- Providing additional back-up support to our Executive Administrative team, as needed
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of administrative experience, including supporting senior level executives
- No previous biology experience required, but a desire to learn more about the field is!
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent business acumen and ability to exercise initiative, tact, sound judgment and prioritization
- Proficient experience with Google Suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working within a publicly traded company an asset
- You are friendly and personable and a team player
- You love to solve problems both big and small, and have a can-do attitude
Offers & Benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we create innovative solutions for our partners - combining custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients.
This is life-changing research, and you could be a part of it. We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23070 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.