AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated Research Scientist with a strong background in pharmacology to join our multidisciplinary team. This lab-based position is a great opportunity to help build out pharm-tox capabilities supporting lead antibody identification and progression into the clinic. We need someone who has a passion for understanding how models can predict therapeutic responses to human disease. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and self-directed individual, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us. This role offers the exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s top biotech companies, while growing with a team that believes in collaboration, innovation, and mutual support.
How you might spend your days:
- Generating pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic data from biological samples to critically assess therapeutic antibody programs
- Developing, performing and overseeing supporting assays (e.g. immunoprecipitation, western blot, deep sequencing, RT-PCR, FACS, receptor occupancy) to assess target modulation levels and downstream effects at cellular, protein and gene level
- Working collaboratively with biology, protein engineering and PK scientists to generate in vivo proof-of-concept data for lead validation, executing efficient PK/PD assessments and advancing programs to clinical development
- Using detailed knowledge of state-of-the-art tools to enhance in vivo evaluation of antibody therapeutic mechanism of action
- Collaborating with teams across the company to solve problems, analyze, interpret and communicate data
- Evaluating new technology and testing new models to better predict human illness
- Reporting findings to our teams and partners to support data-driven decision making
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You enjoy a fast-paced work environment and take pride in being highly self-motivated
- You are a creative problem solver who believes in teamwork to tackle the most challenging problems
- You are comfortable working independently to identify project needs, and thrive on collaboratively constructing and implementing solutions
Required Qualifications and Education
- PhD in a relevant field, or a MSc with at least 5 years work experience in an industrial or academic wet lab environment
- Demonstrated expertise with assay qualification and process optimization
- Experience with preclinical R&D of immuno-oncology therapeutics
- Experience with nonclinical development of large molecules/biologics from discovery to mid-stage development
- Experience with authoring/reviewing experimental protocols and reports to ensure appropriate datasets are accurately generated and interpreted
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent documentation, organizational and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with assessing new and emerging molecular or imaging techniques for biospecimen analysis
Offers & benefits:
A generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our headquarters are nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23037 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.