As a Senior Director of Portfolio Strategy and Innovation, you will be a key member of an interdisciplinary team that is responsible for identifying and assessing therapeutic areas and products to apply our antibody discovery engine capabilities. This will encompass both internal programs and partner programs.
As a leader and strategic advisor, you will contribute significantly to the review of potential targets, and identification of key scientific, clinical and strategic questions. Leading a team, you will guide the development path for a portfolio of biologic products to treat diseases with high unmet needs. The scientific team will collaborate with the commercial colleagues to identify potential opportunities for AbCellera to apply its differentiated technology, from antibody discovery through preclinical and early clinical development.
How you might spend your days:
- Leading a Target Diligence team in researching and assessing potential antibody drug targets
- Identifying opportunities to develop differentiated, best-in-class biologics across our portfolio
- Providing strategic leadership, through participation in internal committees, to explore and define novel scientific focus areas and platforms to support AbCellera’s portfolio of internal programs.
- Liaising with a panel of external scientific and clinical development experts to carry out scientific/technical diligence to support strategic decision-making, including target selection, clinical development and portfolio strategy
- Monitoring the external landscape in the context of AbCellera’s evolving portfolio, to identify and exploit emerging scientific trends and opportunities
- Liaising with Business Development to provide diligence for partnering
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a strong desire to understand all aspects of AbCellera’s antibody discovery engine
- Interact on a regular basis with colleagues across different areas, including R&D and corporate development
- Work in a highly collaborative mode to identify and solve challenging problems
Required qualifications and experience:
- A Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline and 12-15 years of related experience, with at least 6 years in a leadership role
- Relevant experience working in the drug development or biotechnology industry
- Experience working in a cross-functional team or in a multidisciplinary role that integrated perspectives from scientists, clinical, and/or business colleagues
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present concepts to a wide audience with different technical backgrounds
- Ability to attend scientific and clinical conferences
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to 23031 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.