AbCellera is a vibrant, rapidly growing antibody discovery company nestled in the heart of Vancouver. We are seeking a responsible and conscientious candidate with a passion for supporting laboratory workflows to join our dynamic Cell Screening group. This role offers the exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s top biotech companies, while growing with a team that believes in collaboration, innovation, and mutual support.
How you might spend your days:
- Supporting the high-throughput screening of single cells in collaboration with project teams to meet deliverables and timelines
- Preparation of cell isolates from primary sources
- Contributing to and executing cell enrichment protocols
- Preparing, labeling and aliquoting common lab reagents to support cell screening workflows
- Maintaining cell stocks and freezer inventories
- Collaborating with lab management teams to organize, order and maintain common inventories and reagents
- Performing lab organization and maintenance tasks
- Transporting samples between company sites (< 2 km)
- Maintaining and implementing standard operating procedures while recognizing and addressing opportunities for improvements
- Gaining expertise in routine cell screening procedures and growing your technical skill set
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You enjoy bench work and are looking for an opportunity to hone your technical skill set
- You are able to work in a self-directed manner and demonstrate initiative
- You can accommodate a 7 am to 3 pm schedule
- You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner and team player
Required qualifications and experience:
- Minimum BSc, work experience in a laboratory environment preferred
- Excellent communication, documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively
- (Optional, but desired) Experience with mammalian tissue isolation and processing, cell culture
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23026 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.