AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a highly-motivated and experienced Accounts Payable Assistant to join our Finance team. Working closely with your colleagues in the AP and broader Finance team, you will be primarily responsible for transaction processing, ensuring that all invoices and transactions are posted and set up for timely payment. You will also assist with other aspects of our monthly and quarterly financial close process. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you are a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Receiving and matching invoices to purchase orders and reviewing invoices for accurate coding and payment approval
- Communicating with functional teams, gathering information for accurate cost coding to facilitate internal and external reporting needs
- Liaising with procurement and offering support where needed
- Tracking of invoice aging to ensure effective coordination with pay cycles
- Processing employee expenses and coding to cost centers and general ledger accounts
- Reconciling vendor account statements and credit card statements
- Adapting to evolving business needs requiring adjustments to payment and posting processes
- Contributing to general operations processes as needed
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a high volume and fast paced Accounts Payable and/or transaction processing environment
- You are an intuitive team player
- You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You have impeccable attention to detail
- You have strong time management and organizational skills
- You are able to work independently and offer to assist others when needed
- You demonstrate initiative, accountability and diligence in follow-through
- You think critically and show great judgment in your decision-making process
- You enjoy documenting your work meticulously
- You have an interest in the biotech industry and are curious to learn
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23024 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.