AbCellera is an energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. Working at the interface of computation, engineering, and biology, AbCellera is rebuilding the front-end process of how drugs are discovered with a discovery platform that integrates modern technologies from engineering, microfluidics, single-cell analysis, high-throughput genomics, machine learning, and hyper-scale data science. With over 400 AbCellerites and growing, we’re expanding our capabilities to include CMC development and GMP manufacturing of antibodies to bring therapies from idea to patients, faster.
We are seeking a highly motivated Laboratory Data Management Systems Specialist to lead the maintenance and continued development of a suite of applications and software supporting preclinical research and development activities here at AbCellera.
As a member of a highly collaborative team, this position will partner with diverse R&D stakeholders at every stage of the research and development pipeline through to clinical manufacturing. The position will play a key role in configuring AbCellera’s laboratory data management system to support efficient data management and traceability as well as accurate information capture from scientific workflows. The successful candidate will lead, coordinate, and take on the responsibility of deployment, testing, and documentation of system changes and work closely with scientists and developers to outline the current research and develop custom workflows.
We’d love to hear from you if
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and enjoy bringing out the best in your teammates
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
- You are passionate about analysis of complex data and communication to interdisciplinary project teams
How you might spend your days
- Collaborating with diverse stakeholders to ensure data management systems’ configurations meet all scientific, business, and operational requirements
- Managing user roles, access, privileges, project, schemas, and other platform related requirements, in conjunction with the Data Governance Office
- Engaging Data Stewards and other internal stakeholders to identify data quality issues and defects in data capture processes and work with development teams to implement, test, and deploy remedial solutions
- Contributing in all areas of system implementation including but not limited to vendor interaction, system compatibility, hardware/software integrations, change control, testing, deployment, and training
- Working with project teams to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements such as FDA, CAP, CLIA, as well as internal policies and processes
- Acting as a champion in best practices for software configuration, documentation, account management, and upkeep; helping to ensure overall data integrity
- Following up on new feature/change requests, and as needed, communicating with technical stakeholders and third-party vendors for technical resolutions
- Authoring and maintaining training materials, change management records, configuration specifications, validation protocols, and reports
- Ensuring cohesive implementation and data integrity across laboratory data management systems
Required qualifications and experience
- B.Sc. degree in life sciences, engineering, computer science or other technical fields
- 3+ years relevant work experience. This experience may involve software implementation/administration, project management, and/or laboratory operations
- Experience working in biotechnology laboratories
- Experience with laboratory data management systems (e.g., ELNs, registries, LIMS, LIS)
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness, able to build trust and drive adoption of new software platforms
- Experience with programming languages like python and SQL. Automation API development experience is a plus
- Familiarity with regulatory environments and requirements (e.g. GxP, 21 CFR Part 11) is a plus
- Familiarity with the Benchling platform is highly desirable
What we offer
A generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our headquarters are nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.