AbCellera is a young, energetic, and quickly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems.
We are seeking a highly-motivated and experienced Building Operator to join our team in Sydney, Australia. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Coordinating the daily operations of our facilities, including ensuring access and communication to teams that may be impacted by contractor activities
- Managing relationships and liaising with external contractors to get quotes, schedule and monitor their site visits and suppliers, and resolve any performance issues (projects, repair and maintenance)
- Assisting with managing site security requirements (Access, Alarm monitoring)
- Maintaining records and contracts of waste management services, infrastructure services, cleaning services of the building and premises
- Monitoring and coordinating facilities systems that support all construction/renovation projects, infrastructure issues
- Coordinating and performing minor handyman jobs, such as light globe replacements, plasterboard repairs, basic plumbing, furniture moving and assembly etc.
- Assist with general operations including workplace health & safety.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 4 years work experience in a similar role
- You have experience working within a dynamic environment (any facilities maintenance related work/certification would be an asset)
- You enjoy the opportunity to assess and fix minor building issues
- You have experience working with cross-functional teams to assess needs and respond to support the organisation
- You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You think critically and show great judgment in your decision-making process and are not afraid to get your hands dirty
- You have strong time management and organisational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- You are personable, friendly, and a team player
- You are able to work independently and are willing to assist others when needed
- You demonstrate initiative, accountability and diligence in following through
What we offer:
- Easy transport access
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including a competitive salary, employee share scheme, and health and lifestyle benefits
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220147 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.