AbCellera is a young, energetic, and quickly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems.
We are seeking a highly-motivated and experienced Accounts Payable Coordinator to join our operations team in Sydney, Australia and work closely with our Finance team based in Vancouver. You will be primarily responsible for our accounts payable, ensuring that all invoices and transactions are posted and set up for timely payment. You will also assist with other aspects of our monthly and quarterly financial close process.
How you might spend your days:
- Overseeing all incoming correspondence, directing inquiries to the appropriate workflow, and facilitating responses
- Matching invoices to purchase orders and reviewing invoices for accurate coding and payment approval
- Performing weekly payment runs
- Researching and identifying discrepancies and pricing issues
- Communicating with functional teams, gathering information for accurate cost coding to facilitate internal and external reporting needs
- Tracking of invoice aging to ensure effective coordination with pay cycles
- Adapting to evolving business needs requiring adjustments to payment and posting processes
- Supporting the Finance team with period close processing and other ad hoc reporting and analysis, as required
- Assisting to make the experience better for our team
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a high volume and fast paced Accounts Payable environment
- You have a desire to work in a dynamic environment with a diverse cross-functional team
- You are able to work in a self-directed manner and demonstrate initiative
- You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities
- You have impeccable attention to detail
- You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You have strong time management and organizational skills
What we offer:
- Easy transport access
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including a competitive salary, employee share scheme, and health and lifestyle benefits
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220146 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.