AbCellera is a rapidly growing tech company that has built an antibody discovery and development engine specifically designed to address the barriers of conventional discovery, so that we deliver optimal antibodies with greater precision and speed to get to the clinic – and patients – sooner.
As part of an exciting and dynamic company with a core focus on alliances across the biopharma landscape, the Senior Director of Alliance Management role will be a high impact and high visibility role. As a key leader within our Alliance Management function, you will maximize the value of AbCellera’s alliances by providing leadership and active management of a portfolio of alliance programs.
This role is highly collaborative in nature and will require that you work cross functionally with our external alliance partners and AbCellera’s internal teams. You will be accountable for overall alliance performance, serving to coordinate and communicate the partner’s needs while ensuring the execution of alliance milestones in alignment with AbCellera strategy. This position reports to the Vice President of Alliance Management.
We’d love to hear from you if you enjoy a highly collaborative, high-science and fun-loving environment that aligns partners with internal R&D teams to make transformative medicines.
How you might spend your days
- Creating and driving alliance strategies in alignment with corporate objectives.
- Leading alliance-related activities to maximize the value and minimize the risk related to AbCellera alliance programs.
- Leading the governance of the alliance to set the tone and establish a collaborative and transparent foundation for how we work together.
- Identifying and creating new business opportunities within existing partners
- Collaborating with external and internal stakeholders to establish a positive working relationship, managing key issues, ensuring effective governance and successful execution of alliance programs.
- Providing oversight of contractual obligations and outcomes for AbCellera and partners to ensure that responsibilities are met. Establishing a detailed understanding of contractual elements including the need for potential renegotiations and revisions to partner agreements.
- Establishing and maintaining key relationships and influence, both internally and externally, in achieving alliance objectives.
- Aligning with Project Management and R&D teams to ensure the development and execution of partner program plans and timelines.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have an advanced degree in the life sciences with experience in drug discovery
- You have at least 10 years of proven success in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry, preferably in alliance management, business development or similar partner-facing roles
- You are a collaborative leader, effective in influencing cross-functional teams internally and externally.
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills, are a highly collaborative team player, and are a skilled relationship manager
- You are comfortable navigating collaboration agreements and have the creativity, adaptability and win-win mindset for problem solving and artful negotiations
- You take pride in building strong and productive relationships and creating value through collaboration
- You have a strong ability to influence and negotiate while adjusting style and approach based on the specific scenario in order to achieve key outcomes
- You have strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- You have experience and comfort with an agile, fast-paced, highly matrixed organization
- You have deep knowledge and strong understanding of drug discovery and development, preferably in biologics
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we create innovative solutions for our partners - combining custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, organize and innovate on our efforts along the way.