AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a motivated and dynamic Business Intelligence Specialist to join our Strategic Finance team, where you will work closely with a highly proficient team of business leaders, financial analysts, data scientists, project managers, and other stakeholders from across the organization to define and design technical solutions that address our corporate data analytics needs. If successful, you will be a key member of the team supporting and improving internal business processes through managing and analyzing enterprise data; and reporting on crucial business information and KPIs. This role is specifically responsible for developing impactful standardized reports, and dashboards, as well as ensuring effective self-service access to critical information for individuals about business KPIs. If you are comfortable with ambiguity, enjoy the opportunities and challenges presented in a quickly evolving and dynamic work environment, and are energized at the thought of being part of a change for good, then we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Partnering with Business Analysts, Project Managers, and business unit leaders to design, develop and maintain business intelligence solutions
- Leading the project lifecycle of crucial data analytics programs, from exploration through to development and execution; demonstrating project management skills that drive impact in a fast-paced environment
- Working directly with business stakeholders and translating business data needs into business and technical requirements.
- Developing, running, validating and reviewing reports, analyzing usage trends, and monitoring and maximizing operational excellence to ensure the delivery of analysis and reports in the most effective way possible for the target audience
- Utilizing UI/UX best practices to craft visualizations that create a single, aligned version of the truth, presenting clear information about business results and call for action.
- Assessing the impact to reports due to process changes and improvements
- Getting curious about what is possible and exploring techniques, data and unique new ideas that drive business insights and facilitate decision-making.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Business Administration.
- At least 5+ years of hands-on experience developing BI solutions, preferably with Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx, etc.
- Pertinent experience in Data Modelling and a solid understanding of ETL methodologies paired with strong knowledge and proficiency in relational databases and SQL
- Understanding of design and development tools, SDLC methodologies and techniques, and data storytelling and visualization.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills – proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to break down ambiguous problems, ability to ask the right questions and propose solutions that enable the transformation of data into actionable insights.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to build constructive relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders and gain the trust of others in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent documentation, organization, and communication skills.
- Competency in Microsoft and Google Workspace applications.
- Familiarity with or previous experience in the biotechnology industry is a bonus.
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we create innovative solutions - combining custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned, revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a rapidly growing publicly traded company, and we have state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220128 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.