AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated Research Technician with demonstrated hands-on laboratory experience relevant to the handling and characterization of antibodies and/or other proteins using analytical techniques, to join our multidisciplinary team. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and self-directed individual, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative biotech companies and to contribute to our cutting-edge research supporting the discovery and engineering of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Conduct characterization of antibodies and other proteins using using analytical techniques, with a focus on mass spectrometry (MS), analytical chromatography (UHPLC), and capillary electrophoresis (CE)
- Perform routine antibody analysis to support the progression of therapeutic programs
Contribute to assay development, troubleshooting and instrument maintenance
- Support laboratory management including keeping inventory of consumables and reagents
- Collaborate with teammates to solve problems, analyze, interpret and communicate data
Grow your technical skill set and engage in professional development
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are excited about proteins, the characterization of proteins, and are eager to learn new lab techniques!
- You are a creative problem solver and fast learner who believes in team work to tackle the most challenging scientific problems
- You are self-motivated and have the initiative and drive to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You think critically, are curious and want to explore new technologies and opportunities to improve antibody characterization workflow and process
- You have excellent documentation, organizational and communication skills
- You have impeccable attention to detail
Required qualifications and experience:
- BSc in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Health Science, or relevant science degree with an additional 1+ years of experience
- Hands-on experience with protein characterization using any analytical or biophysical techniques. Experience with one or more of analytical chromatography (HPLC / UPLC), Spectroscopy, or capillary electrophoresis (CE-SDS) is preferred
- Hands-on experience working with larger numbers of protein samples and high throughput assays would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong time management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong data analysis skills and the ability to interpret, communicate, and document large data sets
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220126 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.