AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a highly-motivated and detail-oriented Lead, IT Security to join our rapidly growing IT team. The IT Security Lead is responsible for ensuring AbCellera is supported with a modern cyber security program. Well protected data and information technology are at the heart of what we do, and with the right team and innovative IT solutions, we believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Developing and implementing a modern cyber security program at AbCellera
- Maintaining the delicate balance between effective security controls and effective working conditions
- Communicating effectively (written and verbal) in both highly technical and non-technical environments with a broad range of AbCellerites, such as scientists and software developers
- Supporting the development of a team of high performing technical specialists.
- Directing complex security projects, including developing proposals, setting budgets, project planning and implementation.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships across the global organization
- Ability to maintain a broad knowledge of current security practices
- Creating effective technical and non-technical documentation.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A minimum of three years of experience leading teams
- A minimum of seven years of experience in technical security roles
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, leadership, analytical, and change management skills.
- Broad experience in designing and implementing security programs
- Security governance certification is an asset
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220114 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.