AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated, independent Research Scientist to join our Molecular Design and Engineering group with the goal of establishing and expanding the use of mammalian library-based approaches for antibody and protein engineering. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in mammalian cell biology, cell culture systems, and the screening/analysis of genetic libraries. This role offers the exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s top tech companies, while growing with a team that believes in collaboration, innovation, and mutual support.
How you might spend your days:
- Working with our cross-functional team on developing and implementing mammalian library screening approaches to engineer antibodies and protein antigens for therapeutic development purposes
- Contributing hands-on to multiple aspects of screening, including library design and delivery, assay development and implementation, data analysis and interpretation
- Organizing, supporting and collaborating with other team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Training and mentoring more junior scientists
- Preparing and authoring materials to educate colleagues, and communicate strategies, key findings and implications
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- You are strongly self-motivated and work independently to identify project needs and follow that up with building and implementing solutions
- You enjoy mentoring and bringing out the best in your teammates
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
Required qualifications and experience:
- Post-doc or PhD in a relevant field, or MSc plus at least 5 years work experience in relevant field
- Experience with mammalian cell line engineering, and cell-based assay development (in-depth knowledge of flow cytometry applications or single cell technologies is a plus)
- Familiarity with next-gen sequencing and library-based methods for protein engineering (experience with developing and screening mammalian libraries is a plus )
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public presentation of complex data
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220099 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.