AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated Research Technician with a passion for protein engineering to join our cross-functional Molecular Design and Engineering group with the goal of expanding the use of phage and yeast display technologies for protein engineering. This role offers the exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s top tech companies, while growing with a team that believes in collaboration, innovation, and mutual support.
How you might spend your days:
- Working with our cross-functional team on developing display technologies (Yeast/Phage) to engineer proteins for therapeutic development
- Contributing hands-on with screening experiments in phage and yeast display.
- Routine handling of bacterial, phage, yeast samples
- Performing quality control experiments and conducting a variety of molecular assays (for example, phage titering, phage panning, flow cytometry, and sequencing preparation)
- Maintaining cell stocks and freezer inventories
- Preparing, labeling and making aliquots of common lab reagents
- Organizing, ordering and managing common inventory and reagents
- Supporting and collaborating with members from various teams to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Preparing and presenting data at team meetings
- Growing your technical skill set and engaging in professional development
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are able to work in a self-directed manner, demonstrate initiative, and enjoy thinking critically on how to solve problems
- You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Required qualifications and experience:
- Minimum BSc with work experience in a laboratory environment preferred, or MSc in relevant field (may include but not limited to Biochemistry, Molecular biology, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Immunology, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Health Sciences)
- Strong background in standard molecular biology techniques such as PCR and cloning technologies
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- (Optional, but desired) Experience in phage/yeast biology or display technologies
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220101 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.