AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated Research Technician with demonstrated hands-on laboratory experience relevant to the characterization of antibodies and/or other therapeutic proteins using biophysical and analytical techniques, to join our multidisciplinary team. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and self-directed individual, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative biotech companies and to contribute to our cutting-edge research on antibody engineering, advanced mammalian cell systems, and molecular research supporting the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Characterizing the kinetics and affinity of antibody/antigen interactions using surface plasmon resonance (SPR), biolayer interferometry (BLI) or other biosensor technologies
- Performing analytical characterization of antibodies and other protein reagents to assess quality, and suitability for assay
- Contributing to assay development, reagent quality control and troubleshooting
- Planning and executing experiments, both independently and in collaboration with your teammates
- Collaborating with teammates to solve problems, analyze, interpret and communicate data
- Supporting and collaborating with members from various teams to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Growing your technical skill set and engaging in professional development
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are excited about proteins, the characterization of proteins, and are eager to learn new lab techniques!
- You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being self-motivated , a fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
- You think critically, are curious, and want to increase your knowledge of antibody/antigen and other protein interactions
Desired qualifications and experience:
- BSc in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Chemistry, Structural biology or related degree with an additional 1+ years of experience in a laboratory environment
- Experience with handling and characterization of proteins using biochemical or biophysical methods. For example, analytical chromatography (HPLC), light scattering (DLS, SEC-MALS), SDS-PAGE
- Experience with methods for characterization of protein binding interactions such as isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC), enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), surface plasmon resonance (SPR), or biolayer interferometry (BLI) is desired but not required. We will teach you!
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Impeccable attention to detail with excellent documentation and organizational skills
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220033 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.