AbCellera UK is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with a fledgling team based in the Cambridge UK biotech cluster. Specialising in the generation of platform technologies for antibody discovery we are not afraid of challenges and together we like to tackle tough problems through a culture of team first, integrity, hard work and a passion for innovative science.
The successful candidate will play an instrumental role in supporting the growth of the new office. We are looking for a full-time dedicated colleague who is driven and embodies our values. We’re looking for someone with a positive attitude, who takes pride in helping others and going above and beyond; someone who is supremely organised and who thrives in an internationally collaborative environment and is happy to support the administrative aspects of both the office and laboratories.
How you might spend your days:
- Identifying opportunities to make our offices and laboratories the best places they can be and working with the senior team to implement new initiatives to ensure our spaces are inviting, efficient, and comfortable
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to maximize our efficiency
- Administering the online laboratory equipment maintenance software and acting as the point of contact for routine preventative maintenance schedules of laboratory equipment
- Administering efficient electronic filing systems for non-scientific documentation, including coordinating with our Vancouver, CA colleagues when required
- Acting as the central point of contact for facilities issues and working alongside the Director of Operations to resolve issues quickly
- Coordinating shipments, both inbound and outbound and maintaining good records of shipping documents
- Preparing media, plates and buffers to support scientific activities
- Coordinating, planning, and scheduling events and meetings with internal and external parties, including travel plans
- Maintaining office and laboratory amenities and resources
- Supporting the leadership team in executive administration tasks
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a BSc or Bachelor's degree or equivalent laboratory-based experience (2+ years)
- You have a passion for helping others
- You are friendly and personable with excellent communication skills
- You are flexible, adaptable and can find creative solutions to unforeseen situations
- You show initiative and thrive in a team-based environment
- You are supremely organised with great attention to detail
- You can successfully juggle multiple tasks and have outstanding time management skills
- You have proven experience in using online systems and in record keeping
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- Opportunities for personal and professional development.
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220085 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.