AbCellera is an energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. Working at the interface of computation, engineering, and biology, AbCellera is rebuilding the front-end process of how drugs are discovered with a discovery platform that integrates modern technologies from engineering, microfluidics, single-cell analysis, high-throughput genomics, machine learning, and hyper-scale data science. With over 400 AbCellerites and growing, we’re expanding our capabilities to include CMC development and GMP manufacturing of antibodies to bring therapies from idea to patients, faster.
We’re looking for an experienced project management maestro at the Director level to lead a portfolio of projects that span throughout the CMC landscape, from gene to regulatory filings. The successful candidate will lead the CMC project management organization, working with our scientists, partners and collaborators to deliver key CMC milestones, helping to deliver unique and challenging therapies to patients.
We’re offering a generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our future facility will be nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
In this role, you will work with the leadership team to help AbCellera build and drive an infrastructure to manage our robust and growing portfolio of development and manufacturing projects. Our ideal candidate is someone with demonstrated experience in managing complex, large-scale research portfolios, partnering with scientific experts to lead cross-functional teams; who enjoys finding creative solutions to unexpected challenges and competing priorities; and who takes pride in the accomplishments of the team. If you’re self-motivated, supremely organized, a team builder, and you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
We’d love to hear from you if
- You are strongly self-motivated and are able to identify project needs and follow that up with building and implementing solutions
- You are passionate about building dynamic new teams and capabilities that accomplish important goals
- You are an outstanding communicator and teammate
- You have excellent organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- You are adaptable, and have the critical thinking and analytical skills to respond to rapidly changing priorities
How you might spend your days
- Building an effective and high functioning CMC PM group to support AbCellera’s pipeline of programs.
- Introducing and establishing efficient methods for project and portfolio management within CMC technical operations
- Working closely with AbCellera’s existing PM group to align work practices and procedures within the company for effective integration and communication throughout the pipeline
- Managing a portfolio of projects that span from gene to end of CMC activities leading to regulatory submissions.
- Managing project proposals, working with project teams to define project plans, objectives, budgets, milestones and timelines
- Coordinating the launch of new projects, accounting for resources and alignment with the strategic corporate plan
- Managing changes to project plans and the portfolio in an iterative and adaptive way, and within the constraints of scope, time, quality and cost
- Closing out completed projects, identifying lessons learned and implementing process improvements based on these learnings
- Facilitating goal setting, prioritization, and timely delivery of key milestones within the CMC organization.
- Working with CMC teams to identify key risks within programs and developing risk management/mitigation strategies as appropriate
- Being the gatekeeper of CMC project timelines and milestones.
- Identifying and implementing innovative ways to accelerate key activities as appropriate while working with multidisciplinary experts from across the organization
- Mentoring and building a team of high-performing project managers and coordinators
Required qualifications and experience
- You have 12-15+ years of experience managing projects and programs. Expertise in the Biotech area is preferred; and, 6+ years of experience in leadership roles managing and building PM teams and support PM operations
- You have experience in and a good understanding of key CMC deliverables, timelines, and regulatory filings
- You are friendly and personable with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You love to solve problems both big and small, and have a can-do attitude
- You have demonstrated leadership skills, and love to find and make connections for synergy
- You have a BS/MS/PHd in a relevant field; graduate degree preferred
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.