AbCellera is a well established and rapidly growing company that has built an antibody discovery and development engine specifically designed to address the barriers of conventional discovery, so that we find optimal clinical antibodies with greater precision and speed and get to the clinic – and patients – sooner. As part of a rapidly expanding business, we’re looking for a Director of Business Development to join our stellar team and help drive the expansion of our business development activities.
As the Director of Business Development, you will have a key role in increasing AbCellera’s reach in the VC, Biotech and Pharma ecosystem and be a catalyst for new partnerships. You will focus on oncology deal flow, including management of the deal process from initiation through deal close. The position is highly collaborative in nature and will require that you work cross functionally across the company - including with AbCellera’s Business Development, Transactions, R&D, and Marketing teams - to source and close new deals.
We’d love to hear from you if you are a highly motivated team player, you thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, you want to learn and grow with us.
How you might spend your days:
- Leading AbCellera business development activities with a focus in oncology for the biotech and pharma community
- Sourcing new partnerships in the pharma, biotech, and venture capital ecosystem, including managing and expanding AbCellera’s deal flow in oncology
- Preparing and presenting AbCellera’s vision and capabilities to generate interest from prospective partners
- Collaborating closely with AbCellera’s transactions team to tailor term sheets and help negotiate key terms aligned with AbCellera’s business model
- Representing AbCellera at conferences and industry networking events to drive new partnership opportunities
- Collaborate with the scientific and business development teams to identify key areas of growth and innovation for the company
- Collaborate with the communications and marketing team to plan, generate and disseminate information, both internally and externally
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 8+ years of experience and a proven record in business development (or similar function) within oncology in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- You have a strong scientific background, preferably a graduate degree in biology, biochemistry, immunology and/or are familiar with biologics. An MBA is desirable but not necessary.
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills and consider yourself resourceful, motivated, and decisive
- You are a team-first player motivated to grow with AbCellera and advance the next generation of therapies
- You have experience and an established network with Pharma, biotech, and venture capital and are familiar with biologics and technology platforms
- You are interested in the trends and cycles of innovation in the biotech industry and understand how technology can drive value for AbCellera’s business
- You appreciate the role of different business models in growing a business (collaborations, partnerships, licensing, equity investments)
- You have extensive experience in business development identifying, sourcing and advancing partnering discussions in the biotech and pharma space
- You can engage both at executive and scientific levels on business opportunities
- You have outstanding presentation and communications skills
- You can work remotely while also functioning in a highly collaborative team environment and maintaining tight connections with AbCellera’s BD, Transactions, Marketing, Communications, and R&D teams
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.