AbCellera is a vibrant, rapidly growing company nestled in the heart of Vancouver. We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to take on the exciting new role of a Laboratory Operations Manager, Central Services. This role offers the unique opportunity to join one of Canada’s top tech companies, while growing with a team that believes in teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a responsible, self-motivated, creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated person to fill a position as Lab Operations Manager, Central Services. You will be working together with our dynamic team to help build out a new team called Central Services. This team will anticipate and support the needs of multiple spaces that are essential to the operation of our laboratory teams. Some of the core duties of this team include: daily use and periodic maintenance of laboratory equipment such as autoclaves, glassware washers, laboratory ovens, and pipettes, preparing glassware for laboratory use, sterilizing media, supporting the labs with laboratory garments, monthly qPCR quality assurance testing for cell lines, and various other tasks that are critical to the efficient functioning of our labs.
How you might spend your days:
- Planning out new Central Services spaces as the company continues its expansion to additional locations in Vancouver beginning in late 2023.
- Building out scalable workflows, identifying areas of improvement and increasing efficiencies in our day to day operations.
- Being a knowledgeable resource to oversee, review, and manage qPCR testing to ensure that cell cultures are Mycoplasma free.
- Proactively identifying, communicating, and implementing new services that the Central Services team could offer based on laboratory and company needs.
- Having regular 1:1 meetings with reports, holding team meetings, and staying connected with leadership and members of other teams across AbCellera.
- Managing laboratory garment inventory and workflow and scaling this workflow as our company grows.
- Overseeing the functionality of laboratory glassware washers, autoclaves and ovens; ensuring that their maintenance is up to date by working with our Lab Equipment team to schedule annual maintenance, providing support in equipment troubleshooting and training new team members on equipment use.
- Writing and maintaining SOPs to document and evaluate best practices.
- Using various softwares such as Google Suite to carry out, track, and organize daily tasks
- Maintaining a safe and productive work environment and lab facility that meets regulatory requirements.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- B.Sc and 5-8 years of relevant experience including experience in a leadership role
- Molecular biology skillset with qPCR and PCR laboratory experience
- You have excellent documentation, communication and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- Eagerness to solve problems both big and small
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits and an equity stake in AbCellera’s success
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23139 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.