AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a multidisciplinary, technical product manager to join our Data Architecture team supporting scientific and process data management across our platform.
In this role, you will work with scientific, data science and software engineering teams to support efficient data capture, analysis, and traceability of scientific and process data in our integrated ELN and data platform. You’ll lead a team of technical product managers with authorship of product specifications, workflow development and user training across our scientific pipeline. You’ll collaborate directly with software and scientific technical leads to coordinate the development of custom applications by software engineers and reporting & analysis by data scientists.
How you might spend your days:
- Guiding and mentoring individual product managers in technical product design, authorship, and project management across a broad portfolio of scientific teams.
- Collaborating with scientific or business team leaders to deeply understand their work, then translating this understanding into standardizing workflows for program execution and reporting across an individual product portfolio.
- Maintaining broad understanding of the AbCellera pipeline via collaboration with scientific, business and software team members, and communicating the architecture of multiple systems and processes spanning antibody discovery, production, and characterization.
- Working with technical leadership to develop platform strategy and author product requirements for software development teams, then working to manage product priorities and project execution.
We’d love to hear from you if:
You have a history of team leadership, a curiosity spanning multiple scientific disciplines, a passion for complex systems & data, and the ability to communicate with different technical audiences while digging into the details of scientific processes. Your unique experience could include any of the following…
- Design and support of scalable laboratory processes and data management systems involving multiple scientific functions and disciplines including automation engineering, software engineering and data science.
- Design and support of integrated data or process platforms supporting complex inventory management, operationalized machine learning or process control capabilities.
- Mentorship and development of highly effective product managers working in systems with multiple software teams and business stakeholders.
Required qualifications and experience:
- A M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in life sciences, engineering, or other technical fields, with 6+ years relevant work experience involving software implementation, project management or lab operations.
- A proven track record leading and mentoring individual product or project managers.
- A proven track record translating strategic product priorities into actionable plans distributed among multiple technical teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills communicating scientific concepts, technical requirements, and project decisions to diverse audiences.
- The skills to perform exploratory analysis to make and communicate data driven decisions using python or SQL.
- Experience with laboratory data management systems (e.g., ELNs, registries, LIMS, LIS), such as Benchling, is a plus.
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to JOB ID 23043 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.