AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Research Scientist with demonstrated hands-on laboratory experience relevant to the characterization of therapeutic antibodies, to join our multidisciplinary team. Our ideal candidate is a self-directed team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us. This role offers the exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s top biotech companies, while growing with a team that believes in collaboration, innovation, and mutual support.
How you might spend your days:
- Generating pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic data from biological samples to critically assess therapeutic antibody programs
- Performing ELISA, MSD and other molecular biology assays on study samples with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy
- Developing new bioanalytical methods and optimizing workflows for the detection of antibody therapeutics, or their effects, in biological samples
- Collaborating with teammates to solve problems, analyze, interpret and communicate data
- Growing your technical skill set and engaging in professional development
- Supporting laboratory management including keeping inventory of consumables and reagents
- Overseeing sample management including sample receipt, organization, and archiving
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are excited about the opportunity to learn and apply new lab techniques in a drug development setting
- You enjoy a fast-paced work environment and are a creative problem solver who believes in teamwork to tackle the most challenging problems
- You are comfortable working independently to identify project needs then following that up by collaboratively constructing and implementing solutions
Required Qualifications and Education:
- MSc in a relevant field, or BSc plus at least 2-3 years work experience in an industrial or academic wet lab environment
- Hands on experience with ELISA or plate based assays is preferred
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent documentation, organizational and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with molecular biology techniques like qPCR and Western Blotting
- Experience handling blood or tissue specimens
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23034 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.