AbCellera is breaking the barriers of conventional antibody discovery to bring better medicines to patients, sooner. Our engine integrates expert teams, technology, and facilities with the data science and automation needed to propel antibody-based medicines from target to clinic with precision and speed.
The Senior Manager, Supplier Quality will conduct Quality oversight of suppliers during all product’s development steps including cell line development, toxicology batch manufacturing, analytical method verification/qualification, clinical DS / DP batch manufacturing and testing.
We’re offering a generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our future facility will be nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
We’d love to hear from you if
- You have strong leadership passion to build, lead, and mentor a team with the opportunity to leave a lasting legacy on the organization
- You are strongly self-motivated and are able to identify project needs and follow that up with building and implementing solutions
- You are passionate about working with dynamic new teams and capabilities that accomplish ambitious goals
- You are enthusiastic about applying your expertise in external quality assurance
- You are an outstanding communicator with external partners and a teammate
How you might spend your days
- You and your team will oversee a portfolio of suppliers providing activities such as supply of raw material, reagent, media and equipment, and services supporting CMC-GMP such as maintenance, calibration, qualification, distribution and storage
- You will be accountable for Suppliers quality management activities including: Deviations, Change Management and Complaints
- Working with key stakeholder groups (e.g. Procurement, Operations, QC, Supply Chain, Process Development, Legal, Partners), for the Selection, Qualification and Management of Suppliers
- Negotiating and maintaining Quality Agreements between AbCellera and Suppliers
- Supporting CMC Regulatory submissions
- Defining, monitoring and reporting quality performance metrics
- Ensuring implementation at the Supplier of a compliant data management process and other AbCellera quality initiatives
- Performing quality risk assessments, develop mitigation plans and follow-up on implementation of corrective actions.
- Maintaining Supplier site readiness for Regulatory inspections & for AbCellera /partners/ 3rd parties audits
- Participating in on-site regulatory inspections and audits
- Supporting Health Authority inspections and audits outcomes and ensure implementation of associated action plans
- Maintaining current knowledge of applicable Quality & Regulatory requirements and evolving trends and supporting the Suppliers to meet these standards
- Providing exceptional leadership to the organization, including hiring, mentoring, and developing staff
Required qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline and 12+ years of GxP industry experience within biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, or life sciences
- 5+ years of supplier/vendor quality management experience in a GxP regulated environment such as within biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, or life sciences
- 4+ years of experience in a leadership role managing teams supporting GxP Operations
- Strong comprehension of current pharmaceutical regulations and guidances (FDA/Health Canada/EU/ICH) and regulatory expectations for assigned function
- Good ability to assess vendor quality core processes ensuring compliance with relevant guidelines and procedures
- A thorough understanding of drug substance development process and monoclonal antibody manufacturing processes and testing
- Strong experience with various software/databases such as, but not limited to, ERP, MES, eQMS and LIMS
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to adjust to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong communication, teamwork and relationship building skills across the organization
- The ability to apply pragmatic, risk-based decision making
- Strong ability to be strategic, yet hands-on and detail oriented
What We Offer
AbCellera’s hiring range for this role is $108,000 - $140,000, annually, commensurate with your education and job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. We base our salary ranges on localized market data ensuring competitive compensation. In addition to base salary, we offer equity, annual bonus dependent on team and company performance, and 6% (non-match) RRSP contribution.
At AbCellera, we have a number of initiatives to support AbCellerites in maximizing their work-life synergy. You will have a $1,500 annual active lifestyle allowance, annual vacation and company-wide office closures (a real value to all!), opportunity for flexible work arrangements, professional development opportunities, and comprehensive health benefits. Scientific and technical mentorship is a priority. Abundant team and social groups to build community and connections within AbCellera are a given.
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.