AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated Research Technician with demonstrated hands-on laboratory experience relevant to the cloning of antibodies and/or other therapeutics using molecular biology techniques, to join our multidisciplinary team. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and self-directed individual, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative biotech companies and to contribute to our cutting-edge research on antibody engineering, advanced mammalian cell systems, and molecular research supporting the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Performing a variety of established protocols for high-throughput recombinant antibody generation including high-throughput cloning, bacterial transformation and DNA purification
- Planning and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates
- Operating and maintaining lab instruments and automation robots
- Requesting and receiving common lab consumables and equipment
- Supporting and collaborating with members from various teams to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Establishing and maintaining lab inventory and reagent databases
- Growing your technical skill set and engaging in professional development
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are self-motivated and have the initiative and the drive to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You have excellent documentation, organizational and communication skills
- You have impeccable attention to detail, and take pride in everything you do
- You are a creative problem solver who believes in teamwork to tackle the most challenging scientific problems
Required qualifications and experience:
- BSc in Biological Sciences (Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or other relevant field) with an additional 1+ years of experience
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques including some of the following techniques: DNA or RNA purification, PCR, DNA cloning, gel electrophoresis, bacterial transformation, primer design or vector design for mammalian gene expression
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture, automated liquid handlers, and/or electronic laboratory notebooks (ELNs) would be an asset but are not required
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220156 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.