AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking an intermediate graphic designer to support our expanding marketing communications program. You’re building up a full palette of visual design skills and are hungry to learn from creative veterans in a fast-paced tech space. There’s no shortage of opportunities to dabble in diverse mediums: illustration, photography, film and animation, interactive and immersive experiences including (web and physical). With ego-free flexibility, you’re at ease with ambiguity and change, and actively seek out ways to stretch your potential.
How you might spend your days:
- Assisting in the design of corporate and marketing collateral that span digital and physical applications, including presentations, social media posts, email campaigns, exhibition banners, promotional items, wayfinding signage, and corporate stationery.
- Becoming the expert in the operationalization and maintenance of branded templates. Empowering both designers and non-designers by supporting the conversion of source content into destination formats.
- Participating in the research and vetting of vendors by conducting due diligence and estimate sourcing. Coordinating production and being the key liaison in pre-press processes with external collaborators such as photo/videographers, printers, and fabricators.
- Supporting the initiation and close-out of design projects via information gathering, asset management, project documentation, and quality assurance. Providing general support to the design team from planning to delivery.
- Collaborating with executives and scientists across multiple disciplines including business development, corporate development, and people & culture teams, under the guidance of the communications team.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a university degree or college diploma in graphic or media design
- You have 3-4 years of full-time agency and/or in-house design experience, or 5-6 years of part-time / freelance design experience.
- You are a graphic design generalist whose portfolio demonstrates commercially applied digital and print collaterals such as presentations, brochures, exhibit displays, ads, responsive webpages, email newsletters, and branded assets for social media campaigns spanning multiple marketing channels.
- You have a portfolio that proves moderate to advanced skills in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. You have moderate to advanced competency in PowerPoint, Acrobat, Excel, and Word. A basic knowledge of Google Suite and HTML / CSS is strongly desired but not required.
- You understand how to manage color profiles and file formats and how they implicate downstream workflows in printing, web publishing, and video rendering.
- You are detail-oriented and meticulous: you often identify gaps that most may miss.
- You have impeccable spoken, written, and proofreading skills in English.
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220121 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.