AbCellera is an energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. Working at the interface of computation, engineering, and biology, AbCellera is rebuilding the front-end process of how drugs are discovered with a discovery platform that integrates modern technologies from engineering, microfluidics, single-cell analysis, high-throughput genomics, machine learning, and hyper-scale data science. With over 400 AbCellerites and growing, we’re expanding our capabilities to include CMC development and GMP manufacturing of antibodies to bring therapies from idea to patients, faster.
This role will be responsible for providing program management leadership for our Clinical Manufacturing Team. You will lead cross-functional project team(s) in partnership with third-party vendors and business partners from quality, MSAT, supply chain, legal/compliance, IT functions, etc., while effectively managing project scope and timelines.
In this role you will be a key member of the clinical manufacturing team responsible for the design, construction, commissioning, qualification, validation, and operation of a new GMP manufacturing facility for the production of antibody therapeutics. The facility will produce API for global clinical studies and will be based around 2x2000 L single use bioreactors. You will be a key member of the manufacturing team at AbCellera responsible for delivering on a critical strategic program that will have a long-lasting legacy on the organization and Canada.
We’d love to hear from you if
- You are strongly self-motivated and are able to identify project needs and follow that up with building and implementing solutions
- You are passionate about building dynamic new teams and capabilities that accomplish important goals
- You have a bias towards innovation over industry standards
- You are enthusiastic about applying your expertise in advancing information technology within manufacturing operations
- You are an outstanding communicator and teammate
How you might spend your days
As a key member of the manufacturing team in the establishment of the PMO for the new Clinical Manufacturing facility and operation, you will be proactive and detail-oriented with strong leadership, relationship building, problem solving and communication skills. You will be able to bring clarity to discussions and topics where many viewpoints and/or ambiguity exist.
- Leading program planning and project management in collaboration with Process Development and Clinical Manufacturing leadership to ensure the teams have high-quality, integrated project plans and timelines that align with overall department strategy and organizational goals.
- Facilitating, optimizing and supporting the Clinical Manufacturing Leadership team in effective decisions, documentation and priorities within the group.
- Ensuring effective communication, clear alignment, and seamless execution of team’s business-critical deliverables (on time and within budget).
- Consistently tracking deliverables and proactively driving risk management in collaboration with Project Owners by early risk identification and quick facilitation for mitigation planning.
- Proactively supporting the leadership team in identifying opportunities and removing obstacles to drive business results.
- Contributing to development and implementation of project management tools, best practices, and frameworks to increase efficiency, consistency, and visibility of workstream statuses.
Required Qualification and Experience
- 8+ years of professional experience using structured project management processes with a track record of delivering projects on time in a BioPharma GMP environment.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to use different project management software.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to focus on and drive for results.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to follow through or communicate when deadlines will be missed.
- Willingness to work with different time zones and cross-functional groups.
- Willingness to receive and provide honest feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience.
What we offer
We’re offering a generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our future facility will be nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.