AbCellera is an energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. Working at the interface of computation, engineering, and biology, AbCellera is rebuilding the front-end process of how drugs are discovered with a discovery platform that integrates modern technologies from engineering, microfluidics, single-cell analysis, high-throughput genomics, machine learning, and hyper-scale data science. With over 400 AbCellerites and growing, we’re expanding our capabilities to include CMC development and GMP manufacturing of antibodies to bring therapies from idea to patients, faster.
The Manager, IT will be responsible for building a team and assisting in the start-up of the manufacturing facility to help achieve AbCellera’s vision to be the best in the world from discovery to the clinic and will be given the freedom to move at lightning speed to create a legacy in our industry.
We’re offering a generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our future facility will be nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
In this role you will be a key member of the manufacturing team responsible for the design, construction, commissioning, qualification, validation, and operation of a new GMP manufacturing facility for the production of antibody therapeutics. The facility will produce API for global clinical studies and will be based around 2x2000 L single use bioreactors. You will be responsible for building an exceptional team and will be the IT leader on-site when the facility is operational. You will be a key leader at AbCellera responsible for delivering on a critical strategic program that will have a long-lasting legacy on the organization and Canada.
We’d love to hear from you if
- You are strongly self-motivated and are able to identify project needs and follow that up with building and implementing solutions
- You are passionate about building dynamic new teams and capabilities that accomplish important goals
- You have a bias towards innovation over industry standards
- You are enthusiastic about applying your expertise in advancing information technology within manufacturing operations
- You are an outstanding communicator and teammate
How you might spend your days
As a key part of the team building and operating AbCelellera's GMP facility. This includes:
- Providing exceptional leadership to the organization, including hiring, mentoring, and developing staff
- Having accountability for all information and technology capabilities at the site including manufacturing, quality, process development and supply chain information systems, infrastructure, and end-user services.
- Taking responsibility for both ensuring operational readiness and advancing Information Technology / Operations Technology (IT/OT) systems.
- Serving as the leader of the site Operations of IT/Data, a multi-discipline group that plans, implements, and supports all solutions/systems:
- Refining, owning, and implementing the technology strategy and roadmap for the Site in alignment with the key Operations drivers of reliability, efficiency, agility, and differentiation – define the path forward needed to support the AbCellera’s ongoing operations and growth plans and leverage technology and data to differentiate AbCellera Operations from its competitors
- Working with groups such as production management, Quality Assurance management, Executive management, and various support organizations to identify critical business issues and then develop an operations information system plan to prioritize and resolve these issues
- Integrating site's quality and compliance management practices with the enterprise-wide computing system
- Relentlessly focusing on talent development of the next generation of biopharma professionals including mentoring data analysts and modelers.
- Collaborating with global IT organization and various organizations in AbCellera which are essential to the effective use of technology and data.
- Supervising external technology changes and be a source of continuous innovation, facilitating speed to and in market and competitive advantage. Use technology to drive innovation in the business
- Understanding current standard methodologies and emerging technologies in software applications (mobile, SaaS) security, validated/ cGMP compliant systems, infrastructure, cloud, data, sophisticated analytics, simulation & modeling, machine learning and artificial intelligence
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree and 5-8+ years of Information System experience with 2+ years of management experience in Information Systems
- Expertise in Automation, Data Integrity, Network Security Systems (implementation, network solutions, regulatory trends) and experience dealing with regulatory agencies
- Computer Science or Information System educational background
- At least 3-7 years of Biopharma and/or pharmaceutical experience
- Technical depth across Information and Operations Technology (IT/OT)
- Capability to lead teams that are accountable for: process automation, manufacturing delivery, building management, laboratory instruments, lab information management, quality management, maintenance management, regulated document management, enterprise resource planning and product lifecycle management.
- Ability to communicate Operations’ aspirations for using data and advanced analytics into the reality of detailed actions in the laboratory, manufacturing, supply chain, quality, engineering, and IS organizations
- Direct working experience with enterprise systems
- Knowledge of system solutions in the following functional areas in a pharmaceutical or biotech organization: logistics, transportation, warehousing, inventory control, procurement and purchasing, clinical supply chain, accounts payable/accounting, process automation and manufacturing execution systems
- Demonstration of effective coordination of business process and system issues across multiple departments and multiple functions
- Adaptability, teamwork, and decisiveness in rapidly changing/growing business environments