AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a motivated and dynamic Business Systems Analyst to join our Business Systems team where they will work closely with a highly proficient team of operational subject matter experts (SMEs), information technology professionals, and cross-functional analysts, to define, design, and implement business solutions that address our system and data needs across the organization.
This role will focus on the implementation of new business applications, enhancement and integration of existing operational systems, and the development of business processes within the organization. Aligning system usage with business processes, employing efficient governance for shared data and information assets across the organization will be a core component of the role. The scope will primarily be centered on the organization’s business systems, including but not limited to: finance, procurement, facilities, information technology, business development, and people & culture. The successful candidate will be at ease with ambiguity and change, embracing the opportunities and challenges that a quickly evolving and dynamic work environment presents. The candidate will be responsible for collaborating in making recommendations to create an ecosystem of tools to enable data driven decision making as well as supporting workflow and priorities.
How you might spend your days:
- Meeting with business stakeholders to map, document, and define existing business processes to elicit key requirements;
- Researching the technical capabilities of various software solutions, in light of the business requirements from the stakeholders, and providing recommendations for the usage of these software options;
- Tracking, investigating, and analyzing the root cause of data issues, ensuring such issues and remediation plans are communicated to all relevant stakeholders;
- Assisting with the evaluation of business-critical data processes, defining opportunities for process improvement, including the development of technical solutions;
- Coordinating with stakeholders, project leaders, project managers, and other subject matter experts to shepherd solution proposals through to deployment during implementations and enhancement projects;
- Providing inputs on the design and development of data models for data storage, reporting, and analytics projects, contributing to successful completion of project deliverables;
- Ensuring recommendations given align with all relevant data governance practices, policies, and guidelines;
- Effectively communicating insights, recommendations, and plans to cross-functional team members and management;
- Maintaining a close partnership with the IT organization and the finance team, working closely to design solutions in a collaborative manner within the context of the technology blueprint and capabilities.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Business Systems Analyst or related roles;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related fields;
- The ability to influence stakeholders, manage their expectations, and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions;
- Experience in writing crisp, clear, and informative business requirements, with very close attention to details;
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access) and Google Suite products (Docs, Sheets, Slides);
- Excellent documentation, organization, and communication skills;
- A drive to find innovative and creative solutions for business requirements;
- Experience in one or more programming languages, preferably Python;
- Experience with writing requests leveraging REST API;
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processing experience;
- Hands-on experience writing complex SQL queries, including extensive experience querying large, complex datasets;
- Comfort in excelling within an ambiguous environment, and a willingness to adapt to changing priorities within projects or initiatives.
- Familiarity with, previous experience in, or interest in the biotechnology industry;
- Experience working in a matrix organization;
- Familiarity with tools for data management, analysis, storage, or integration (e.g. AWS: Redshift, Athena, S3, Lambda, Glue, EMR, Kinesis, SageMaker, etc. or equivalent relevant technologies (e.g. Snowflake) or others);
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220115 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.